Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Poetry, poetry, and more poetry

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

Well hopefully you have gathered from my title that in the post I will be talking about the very much anticipated poetry day!

At first I thought it was going to be people reading their favourite poems by their favourite poet, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear people read their own poems.  I myself have written quite a few poems, I went on a mad writing spree in grade 12 when it was a poetry unit and we were forced to write poetry for class.  The more and more I wrote the more therapeutic it became.  Soon I found myself scribbling emotions out on a piece of paper daily.  I grew out of this phase eventually, but I did enjoy very much just sitting down and letting my emotions out.

When we all discussed the deep nature of poetry, sort of a way of letting out frustration, sadness or other dark emotions I started to notice it more and more.  It is true one does write the best when they are angry just as one can voice their displeasure more easily than their pleasure.

Tonight I think I might sit down and write a poem again just for old times sake and release any emotions that I may have buried deep inside.

I challenge you all to do the same!

Yours in writing,
Hailey Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment