Sunday, April 15, 2012

Release

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

In light of the essays we all handed in (hopefully), I have been thinking a lot about the poems and authors we have discussed.   In my Essay I explored Tagore and his wonderful poem "No. 5".  This poem was about Tagore's struggles as he dealt with the death of many members of his family in a short period of time.  Now there was just a short overview of the poem, but the reason for my essay and this blog is to talk about writing as an outlet.  As we have learned more and more about writers and their struggles everything from Wolfe and her suicide to Soyinka and his, Poems from Prison. 


I'm sure we've all done it, maybe not to the extent of a worlds best selling poem, but maybe through an email or a letter or a lesser selling poem in order to voice our feelings.  I know that when I am upset writing down the way I feel on a piece of paper makes me feel a lot better.

Through this class I hope we all master the skill on voice our opinions and feelings through paper and writing no matter how frustrated we get, writing can make us feel a little bit better.




Yours in Writing,
Hailey Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment